About EKN eID
EKN eID is a personal e-identification enabling you to represent your company in EKN Online. Using an EKN eID you can login to EKN Online, as well as approve and digitally sign guarantee agreements.
Who can use an EKN eID?
EKN eID is primarily for those who wish to use EKN Online but don’t have a Swedish personal identity number. EKN eID is comparable to a Mobile BankID.
What is needed to use EKN eID?
The Company needs to apply to EKN for an EKN eID for a user.
The user needs to download the Nexus Personal Mobile security app on a mobile unit using Android or iOS.
Does EKN eID cost anything?
No. EKN eID, and Nexus Personal Mobile are free of charge. However, the user needs to have the required technical equipment to use EKN eID – a mobile phone or tablet with the Android or iOS operating system.
How do I apply for an EKN eID?
- You apply to EKN for an EKN eID by using the Application – EKN eID form
- The application needs to be signed by an authorized signatory for the company the User is representing. A copy of the User’s ID (an identity card issued by a Swedish authority or a foreign passport).
- Send the document by post/courier to EKN (address at the bottom of this page).
- EKN will check the signature against a Swedish registration document, however If the User is representing a foreign company a Legal Opinion is needed to support the signatory’s rights to authorize the application.
- When your application has been approved by EKN you receive an e-mail with instructions about downloading the app Nexus Personal Mobile to your iOS or Android unit, as well as how to activate your new EKN eID in the app.
- You select your personal PIN-code which you will use to login to EKN Online and when you sign agreements.
Please note that the activation e-mail is only valid for 7 days. If the link has expired please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and we willl send you a new activation e-mail.
How do I log in using an EKN eID?
In EKN Online you select the login method Personal Mobile (EKN eID) and state your e-mail address. You then open Nexus Personal on your mobile/tablet and follow the instructions.
Do I need anything more than the EKN eID?
Using an EKN eID you can login to EKN Online and create a user. In order to apply for a guarantee, you need to open a Company Account or connect to an existing Company account.
Is EKN eID secure?
EKN eID is a two-factor security solution provided by The Swedish Export Credit Agency (EKN) supported by Nexus Personal Mobile for identification and signatures in EKN’s internet based electronic system for applications and handling the guarantees available online (EKN Online). Nexus personal Mobile is a well-established and secure solution provided by EKN’s partner the Nexus Group.
How do I report a problem or get support?
EKN eID is usually available for identification and signature in EKN Online 24/7. However, EKN can’t guarantee that the e-identification is free of faults or interruptions. If you experience any technical issues, please contact EKN for support during office hours. If problems appear with your equipment outside of EKN’s responsibility you may need to turn to your own support functions.
How long is an EKN eID valid?
The validity period is 2 years from the day of EKN’s approval of the application.
Latest updated 18 Jan 2021